What is depression? I get asked this all the time, especially from people who don’t really understand it. depression is common and serious medical illness that negatively affects how you feel, the way you think and how you act. Fortunately, it is also treatable. Depression causes feelings of sadness and/or a loss of interest in activities once enjoyed. It can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems and can decrease a person’s ability to function at work and at home. I didn’t really show the typical signs because I was always the girl who was happy, funny and just outgoing so I knew how to fake it a lot unfortunately. Everyday I always feel less than I should or I feel like I’m beautiful and cute. It sucks at times when people come into your life and make you so happy then just leave, but it happens. We pick ourselves up and just deal with it like adults. right?
Depression symptoms can vary from mild to severe and can include:
- Feeling sad or having a depressed mood
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed
- Changes in appetite — weight loss or gain unrelated to dieting
- Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much
- Loss of energy or increased fatigue
- Increase in purposeless physical activity (e.g., hand-wringing or pacing) or slowed movements and speech (actions observable by others)
- Feeling worthless or guilty
- Difficulty thinking, concentrating or making decisions
- Thoughts of death or suicide
I have had every single one but I didn’t tell anyone or even show it so you would have never knew. also you don’t have to be poor to have depression, you also don’t have to be super rich either. depression has several factors like the chemistry in the brain, genetics(if one identical twin has depression, the other has a 70 percent chance of having the illness sometime in life,) personality and environmental factors.
My depression has fucked me up so much I feel like I’m alone 24/7 even when I’m around 100’s of people, I feel like I might be alone forever, I’ve felt like I should just die because of how heart-broken I was, or I feel like I bother everyone. Things do get easier though, it takes time. some days are better than others, but I make it everyday and that’s all that matters. Just keep your head up, okay? Well I love you all and sorry for the venting. Have a good weekend!